I’ve just had a week off of work, and I’ve spent it catching up on fun things…
Reading the books I picked up at the A515 bookshop a couple of months ago:
- Communism, a Brief History: Sort of interesting, it’s a very quick glance through communism from it’s conception to it’s execution and it’s failings.
Robert Heinlein - The Moon is a Harsh Mistress: Maybe the best of his books I’ve read.
I’ve also flicked through David Allens - Getting Things Done again, and I’m now half way through Buddhism - The Path to Enlightenment.
Playing computer games:
- Call of Duty 2: More of the first basically, still fun though very short.
- Battle For Middle Earth: A Westwood strategy game, with a Lord of the Rings theme, fun, but pretty easy.
I’ve also been playing with Tremulous, a free multiplayer only team based shooter that’s quite innovative and I’ve reinstalled Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory to hopefully play with the Lugradio crowd. I’m not sure which one I’m going to play going forward though.
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Vol2 - More of the first one, this time portraying the events right up to the beginning of episode 3.
- 1984: Uhm, not bad, but vastly inferior to the book for reasons I can’t quite nail down.
- Family Guy Series 4: Like the other three, except the surreal bits are longer.