I’m using gwibber for keeping up with identi.ca and twitter. I mainly use an eeepc while at home, so to get a couple more dents on screen I’ve recently been using the defaultsmall theme. This theme isn’t quite as nice to my eyes as the default theme though, it makes the background darker for one thing. I’ve patched the defaultsmall theme to use the background colours from the default theme.
Kudos to the gwibber team for making this so easy to do, it’s just a case of editing some css. I think I’ve spent more time blogging about it than doing it. There’s a list of gwibber themes if you’re looking for a change or inspiration. I encourage anyone more creative than myself to create their own gwibber themes.
To use my “realdefaultsmall” theme
- mkdir -p ~/.local/share/gwibber/ui/themes/
- cd ~/.local/share/gwibber/ui/themes/
- wget /uploads/2009/05/realdefaultsmall.tar.gz
- tar xzf realdefaultsmall.tar.gz
- Start gwibber, open the preferences and choose realdefaultsmall from the theme list